Thursday, July 10, 2014

My first impression of U.S.A.





    What struck me most when I came to America is the blue sky and wide open green space that stretches miles before us when we are on a bus. Everything seems crystal clear and the natual wonders are kept as they are. Niagara waterfall presents a perfect picture of miracle of nature, magnificent,misty,thunderous.


View from the bus window


Niagara waterfall in the sun









   The density of buildings in New York is appalling to me as well. As I look down from Empire Building, what I see actually is a forest of houses. This time what I can not help wondering at is the wonder human being has worked out,skyscrapers, Wall Street and so on. The wonders are more richly and vividly shown in New York's Metropolitan Museum, where there is a display of ancient Egyptian culture, Greek and Roman statues ,European oilpaintings ,China's pottery ,Buddha statues and calligraphy and so on. The splendour and delicacy  of the art works  and the great variety of the styles  are so overwhelming to  me that I am full of admiration for human production.If nature is a miracle, man, as a part of nature,blessed with  imagination and creativity, creates even more miracles.
Pottery from New York's Metropolitan Museum

A bird's eye view of New York city

No comments:

Post a Comment