Thursday, July 10, 2014

Moving into the rented apartment (2)

   When I woke up on the second day, Rich, the one who was most firm about giving up the apartment, asked me whether we would got into trouble legally.We singed a lease contract and submitted security deposite. We are not supposed to break the promise. As I found it hard to switch what I said the day before , I gave the landlady's telephone number to Rich. However, Rich could not reach the landlady. She tried to telephone Vince, the guy who was to give us the keys. This time , she got connected. She explained our dilemma ,asking Vince to tell the landlay about it. Half an hour later, the landlady answered my email, explaining the key to the apartment was exclusive. Although there was an exchange of quite a few emails ,we were still uncertain about what we should do .

The building the apartment is in
     However, Rich seemed to know what she should do. First, she had Vince come
The backyard of the apartment
to the hotel and urged us to buy some necessities for the new home. Though puzzled ,I followed her. At five thirty, Vince turned up . We took two taxi and came to the apartment. This time, to our surprise , the apartment was clean and cool. While Vince got Internet activated, there was actually a storm .The apartment turned cool and windy. We also checked keys to make sure of the safety. We cleaned and  tidied up the rooms. At last ,after frustration and hesitation, we got settled! It is good and we feel good.

      Now we have stayed in the apartment for several days. We enjoyed our first Chinese style supper here. We have come to like it.
The outside of the building

Preparing supper in th kitchen
      All this happened thanks to Rich. I wonder, Rich, who is generally gentle and soft ,became so resoluate and decisive that day. But for her action, we would be staying in the crowded hotel room now.

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to reading more of your thoughtful posts. I admire your introspection and I would like to enjoy more of it, both in your class comments and your writing,

    ReplyDelete